Last night I spoke with a mother whose 6-year old boy had been taken – once again on the flimsiest of pretexts and the most pathetic of all ways of assuming and abusing power over parents.
First, I would check Committal to Prison – Kellie Cottam for emotional empowerment and inspiration. That’s where I found this telling picture.
I was reminded of these official statistics:
- 75% (50,260) of children looked after on 31st March 2012 were living with foster carers – as they make £400/week…
- 9% (5,930) were living in secure units, children’s homes or hostels
- 5% (3,600) were living with their parents
- 4% (2,680) were placed for adoption – so few in comparison with the 75%!!!
- 3% (2,340) were with another placement in the community
- 3% (1,980) were placed in residential schools or other residential settings.
I was also wondering what on earth makes them continue, even though “
View original post 672 more words